By Josephine Reid
Have you ever wondered why classic scrubs sets are so expensive? The truth it's all a marketing gimmick to make you spend more. The majority of brands presently on the market sell scrubs separately rather than as a set which ultimately hikes up the final price. $18 for a single top isn't that affordable when you've still got pants to purchase.
After all the dollar signs that spin around a medical field students' heads, with the initial expenses that come well after finishing school, something has to give. Scrubs as a uniform are constantly needed and they should be regarded as a basic necessity rather than a luxury.
Unfortunately, it's common for companies to produce medical scrubs that fall apart after a certain amount of washes. There are several companies that knowingly produce low quality scrubs and charge less just to create a cycle of a customer frequently returning for more.
For more than 30 years, Dress A Med has proven to be the scrub company for everyone. We are more concerned with treating everyone with respect, and offering the best quality rather than figuring out new ways to increase prices.
The lives of uniformed professionals around the world are busy enough to fuss over their work wardrobe. Dress A Med makes the wrinkle free lifestyle possible every day. The little time left in the week or day should not be spent shopping for scrubs replenishment. Dress A Med solves this with double stitching and fade proof fabric that makes every scrubs set super long lasting. Stains and spills are an everlasting occurrence, so the liquid repellent fabric really comes in handy.
Dress A Med provides the best medical scrubs with a 100% quality guarantee:
- 550 THREAD COUNT FABRIC: Thread count is the number of horizontal and vertical threads per square inch. The higher the thread count, the softer the fabric, and the more likely it will wear well over time. The higher the thread count, the more likely it is to be liquid repellent. Liquids easily soak through low quality fabrics. We use combed cotton so you won't ever have to worry about fuzzballs.
- NO MISMATCHING COLORS: All of our fabric is dyed in lots, so your top will always match the hue of your pants. Our fabric is also treated to provide mesmerizing color wash after wash. With our fade proof/reactive dye, you never have to worry about your uniform in the washing machine. We promise that our colors will never bleed on your other clothes.
- ANTIBACTERIAL AND EASY TO CLEAN: With the soil release treatment of our fabric, foreign and unwanted substances are less likely to bleed through the fabric. The soil release treatment makes it easy to quickly wash off any incidents that might happen during a shift.
- READY TO WEAR: Our medical scrubs are preshrunk before they reach your hands. You never have to worry about them suddenly shrinking on you. With just one dryer spin, our scrubs are also wrinkle free.
- DOUBLE STITCHING: While our uniforms take longer to make, we do this so your uniform won't tear or fray on you. Reinforced stitching allows you to wear your uniforms for years.
Dress A Med also offers all medical scrubs as sets (which generally cost less than a single top or bottom from any competitor). With a starting price of $25 for a standard scrubs set, you can also count on being well taken care of. The phone lines are open five days a week, emails with concerns can be sent whenever and you can even shoot over a text message or tweet.