We’ve made it to the last episode of season 1 of Code Black. It’s been a wild ride, controversial in the sense of how many mixed opinions it’s received. Personally, I think all of the controversy just makes Code Black better than other medical dramas.
Unfortunately as fans, we still have no idea if the show will be cancelled or renewed, but let’s just concentrate on the season finale!
There was so many different storylines that I was getting confused at the beginning. Regardless, it was exciting enough to keep me hooked and I think we all hope it will make it to season 2. More medical cases, drama between people in the ER and, who knows, maybe more new faces?
CHARACTERS TO WATCH FOR:
Jesse, Christa and Neal (needy girlfriend case…), Leanne, Angus and Mario. Practically everyone is in the spotlight at different times during this episode, except maybe Malaya, who everyone focused on in the few episodes a while ago, when she was hit by the maniac guy.
REAL OR NOT RATING:★★★
1 being the worst, 5 by being the best.
REAL: How the real world works:
- Doctors participating in press conference when someone famous or well-known people are being treated in the hospital is a normal thing. Especially when the patients include some senators and their family members.
- Nurses strike. Jesse and all his colleagues are on strike and that is just every day life in the hospital. Very real as nurses need more support for what they do.
- Neal choosing between two patients is realistic even though it sounds like a very harsh decision. Sometimes you have to pick the one who has a better chance of surviving rather than letting your feelings stop you.
FAKE: Cringe worthy scenes that would never happen:
- Angus getting it all wrong in the Ambulance. Well, he was clearly in the wrong state when he was trying to perform CPR on the lady being brought to the ER. Before even checking the patient he started CPR while the woman had a ventricular pump, which is supposed to help the blood flow if the heart is weak. Mistakes like these don’t or maybe, shouldn’t happen. I believe the writers were only concentrating on the fact that Angus was not being himself and not thinking clearly as he was dependent on drugs for one day.
- Angus’s drug addiction. Well, that escalated quickly. He developed addiction to Adderall in one day and managed to get rid of it too. Lies.